[X2Go-User] installing x2go on CentOS 6 , SQLite db error

Mike Gabriel mike.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de
Wed Aug 27 09:24:17 CEST 2014

Hi Orion

On  Mi 27 Aug 2014 00:12:53 CEST, Orion Poplawski wrote:

> On 08/26/2014 04:08 PM, Grigory Shamov wrote:
>> Dear Orion,
>>
>> Aha! Now I see that there is also real EPEL build by you! No wonder I
>> confused people with my explanation. Sorry about that. :-)
>>
>> Should I drop the "EPEL" build and just use EPEL one, as the version seem
>> to be roughly the same?
>>

> Something seems to have gone awry in the package installation.  I'm
> checking in a fix for what might have happened.

on post-install, the package system has to run x2godbadmin --createdb...\

But only if /etc/x2go/x2gosql/sql is configured to use the SQLite
backend. The PostgreSQL setup has to be done by the sysadmin manually
(not by the package system).

So for new installations, there should be an x2godbadmin --createdb
happening, because the default DB backend is SQLite. For package
upgrades (once the admin has switched over to PostegreSQL), the
post-upgrade scripts (if any) should stay away from the DB (note that
x2godbadmin has an option --updatedb, which should be called on every
package upgrade).

mike gabriel, herweg 7, 24357 fleckeby
fon: +49 (1520) 1976 148

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31