[X2Go-User] x2go, GLX option

Leopold Palomo-Avellaneda leo at alaxarxa.net
Mon Aug 25 15:24:37 CEST 2014

Hi Michael,

sorry for the long delay, I was on vacation time without a good internet
access. I had a lot of troubles getting glx working and I change my strategy
for a local access. But I'm still interested in getting it working better.

A Diumenge, 10 d'agost de 2014, Michael DePaulo va escriure:

[...]
> > The architecture you have right now is this:
> >
> > 1. Your host has qemu-kvm hosting the VM.
> >
> > 2. The host has libvirtd managing qemu-kvm.
> >
> > 3. virt-manager can be opened and closed on the server, locally or over
> > x2go, to manage the libvirtd.
> >
> > Your client should run virt-viewer instead of x2go client. virt-viewer is
> > available for both Windows and Linux. virt-viewer (a Red Hat sponsored
> > project) is available not only for Red Hat based distros, but also for
> > Ubuntu, Debian and other distros. The URL to enter in virt-viewer is
> > spice://hostname:59xx, where hostname is the host, and 59xx is the port
that
> > virt-manager lists for the display. When you select the display under the
> > VM's hardware details, it should list what port it is on. If the port is
not
> > listed, remove and add the display, and configure the display to listen on
> > "All interfaces".

Ok, I have configured my guest with a qxl graphics card and spice server with
port 5902. However I'm not able to connect from another box (neither the
host). with the command virt-viewer spice://mybox:5902

> > You could also run virt-manager directly on the client and connect to the
> > server's libvirtd with it. virt-manager is available for Linux, but not
for
> > Windows. You do not need libvirtd running on the client, although the OS
may
> > make the virt-manager package depend on the libvirtd package. If so, just
> > disable the libvirtd service from running.

I can connect.

[...]

> Ping Leopold

Pong ....

I will try to make more test this week. I hope to be able to run spice and qxl
to see if it works.

Thanks for all,

Leopold

Linux User 152692     PGP: 05F4A7A949A2D9AA
Catalonia