[X2Go-User] Need to use Alt-Tab

Michael DePaulo mikedep333 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 10 18:14:43 CEST 2014

On Sun, Aug 10, 2014 at 11:58 AM, Michael DePaulo <mikedep333 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 9, 2014 at 9:18 AM, Steve Harman <stvharman at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I have one major problem with using X2Go, which is such a wonderful piece of
>> software. No matter what I did, I could not get it to understand Alt-Tab for
>> switching windows. Some say using Ctrl - Alt - K works but it has no effect.
>>
>> Could someone please state clearly how this can be done.
>>
>> thanks
>>
>> Steve
>>
>> ps. Using Debian and X2Go (on both server and client). I connect as XFCE
>> which is also my client desktop.

> Hi Steve,
>
> From an X2Go developer's perspective, there are 2 approaches that
> NoMachine NX2 and/or NX3 used to use:
> https://www.nomachine.com/AR04C00174
> Same page, but on web.archive.org:
> http://web.archive.org/web/20131011004546/http://www.nomachine.com/AR04C00174
>
> 1. The "Ctrl + Alt + K" keyboard shortcut appears to not work with
> X2Go. The article implies that it existed in NX2, but not in NX3. And
> X2Go uses NX3 libs.
> I looked at /etc/x2go/keystrokes.cfg (part of the nx-libs package),
> and I do not see any other keyboard shortcut that can be used.
>
> 2. I'll try to find out what NX Client's "Grab the keyboard when the
> client has focus" option was exactly. X2Go Client does not have any
> option like that. It may have been an option for the client-side X
> server.
>
> -Mike#2

Whoops, I top posted by accident. I changed my reply to a bottom post.

Whoops. That link was specific to Windows clients. Sorry for any
confusion. Someone else might be able to help you with the Linux
client. If no one replies after a while, follow these instructions to
submit a "Feature requests / Wishlist bug".
http://wiki.x2go.org/doku.php/wiki:bugs

-Mike#2