[X2Go-User] No RHEL5 x2goclient?

Kermit Short k_short at lanl.gov
Tue Sep 24 18:34:23 CEST 2013

Hi Mike,
     Thanks for the reply!  Under normal circumstances, I'd be happy to
take up the cause for RHEL.  Unfortunately, we're migrating away from
RHEL for the reasons that are being demonstrated here...nobody has
intrinsic support for all the RHEL platforms on some of the fancy
software that people want to use. Debian/Ubuntu/Mint all do have
intrinsic support, and so we're preparing to move to that platform.  If
we were staying with RHEL, though, I'd certainly take up a role to help
out, as I really do love x2go...it's becoming the centerpiece of our
network based computing environment, and it's giving me a much needed
Remote Desktop option to replace our SunRay equipment, since Oracle is
mothballing that technology.

Thanks!
-Kermit