[X2Go-User] build x2go client for android

Anders Bruun Olsen abo at dsl.dk
Fri Sep 20 15:29:40 CEST 2013

I seriously doubt that it would work without any changes. X2go depends on a
lot of X specific black magic, amongst others are nxproxy, which is a way
to compress the X protocol. Android does not run X (as far as I know), so
you would run into problems there already. Next up would be code to control
when to show an on-screen keyboard, and translating touches on the screen
to mouse input. To sum it up, I think it would require a lot of work to get
x2go to an even remotely usable state on Android.

2013/9/20 Lucian Apetre <lucian_apetre at yahoo.com>

> Hello,
> I am new to x2go and i was interested if i can build it on Android. I saw
> that there are Linu, ios and win client versions but none on Android.
> Thank you

Anders Bruun Olsen
It-ansvarlig
Det Danske Sprog- og Litteraturselskab
(Society for Danish Language and Literature)