[X2Go-User] Two factor authentication using Google linux PAM module and Authenticator App

Mike Gabriel mike.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de
Fri Sep 13 16:58:51 CEST 2013

Hi Paul,

On Fr 13 Sep 2013 01:41:35 CEST Paul Freeman wrote:

> Hi,
> I was wondering whether it is possible to implement two factor
> authentication in X2go?  Ie. ssh password based login with the
> Google two factor authentication Linux PAM module and Google
> Authenticator App for iOS or Android.
>
> Would this be any more secure than using ssh private/public keys?

What a coincidence... I am working on something very similar at the moment.

In OpenSSH 6.2 there will be a sshd_config parameter
AuthenticationMethods. With this parameter OpenSSH will require
two-factor auth (key+password e.g.).

I am currently implementing this in Python X2Go / PyHoca-GUI.

For X2Go Client, please file a wistlist bug [1].

Thanks
Mike

[1] http://wiki.x2go.org/doku.php/wiki:bugs

mike gabriel, herweg 7, 24357 fleckeby