[X2Go-User] session broker setup (was: Re: X2Go-User Digest, Vol 38, Issue 25)

Mike Gabriel mike.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de
Wed Oct 30 09:18:06 CET 2013

Hi Ted,

On  Mi 30 Okt 2013 01:26:08 CET, Ted Barnes wrote:

> Hi Mike:
>
> Thanks for the help...no joy yet, but some updates (in a separate
> email, I'd like to circle back around on using SSL/SSH and the
> option of using x2goplugin with SSL as an alternative short term):

The problem with the plugin is: it is not available for Mac OS X atm
and it has not been built for MSWin for a long time.

> 1)  I mis-wrote earlier - the server I'm using is Wheezy, and the
> client Squeeze.  Not sure that matters, but wanted to convey as such.

does not matter...

> 2)  FYI, can go to server's webpage and get generic apache "It
> works! This is the default web page for this server. The web server
> software is running but no content has been added, yet.", so think
> apache is running.  SSH is running as well on the server.

ack.

> 3)  Again FYI have been trying x2gobroker-wsgi (not x2gobroker-daemon)

ack.

> 4)  When I try:
> x2goclient --broker-url=http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/plain/inifile
>
> I get an error window:
> Login Failed!  Please try again

The default setup should provide the broker under this URL:
x2goclient --broker-url=http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/x2gobroker/plain/inifile

If you change something in /etc/x2go/apache*.conf make sure to restart
the Apache webserver.

> When I try:
>
> x2goclient --broker-url="ssh://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/usr/bin/x2gobroker
> --backend=inifile"
>
> I get:
> sh: 1: /usr/bin/x2gobroker: not found
>
> FYI:  on the server, there isn't an x2gobroker in /usr/bin....there
> is an x2gobroker script in /usr/sbin.
>
> If I try:
> x2goclient --broker-url="ssh://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/usr/sbin/x2gobroker
> --backend=inifile"

For SSH broker support you need X2Go Session Broker (package:
x2gobroker) from our nightly builds(!!!). The upstream version should
be 0.0.3.0.

Mike

PS: may I ask that you switch your mailing list mode from digest to
non-digest. Replying to digest mailing list summary postings breaks
the thread view in people's mail clients...

mike gabriel, herweg 7, 24357 fleckeby
fon: +49 (1520) 1976 148

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31