[X2Go-User] Q: regarding x2go plugin

Ted Barnes ted at soholistic.net
Sun Oct 20 16:41:45 CEST 2013

Hi All:

Am starting to experiment with the x2go plugin, and am trying to run it
on a virtual machine.   I'm also, as a baseline, working with a separate
server where I'm running apache2 and the x2goplugin-provider.

Initially, I could connect to the "regular" server but not to the VM.
After disabling all the firewall rules (which I'll want to go back and
address eventually), I could get the login screen to appear when trying
to connect to the VM.

However, I still can't actually connect.  NOTE:  In both scenarios, I am
purposely not generating ssh keys, as eventually I want to explore using
x2go with SSL.

Q:  When I initially connect to the "regular" server, I get asked to OK
an ssh key, which I do and I can connect.  I never get asked this
question when trying to connect to VM.

Any suggestions as to how to complete this initial experiment on using
the plugin with a VM?

Thanks!