[X2Go-User] X2Go client 4.0.0 can't resume certain sessions

John Williams jwilliams4200 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 21 22:55:29 CEST 2013

On Mon, Oct 21, 2013 at 6:01 AM, Mike Gabriel
<mike.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de> wrote:
> On  Mo 21 Okt 2013 14:55:11 CEST, John Williams wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Oct 21, 2013 at 5:48 AM, Mike Gabriel
>> <mike.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de> wrote:
>>>

>>> What I responded to is an issue with x2gocleansessions. If it gets
>>> started
>>> on ArchLinux systems and then disappears, it is quite obvious that it
>>> crashes somewhere in its ,,while (sleep 2)''-loop.
>>

>> I never said x2gocleansessions disappears. It is still there. Until
>> the restart, which kills it and starts it again.
>

> Ah, ok... A misunderstanding on my side...
>
> So, as the issue does not occur here (Debian based systems), the question
> is, why is the while loop hanging when x2gocleansession is handled via
> systemd...

No! This is getting ridiculous. systemd is not the problem

The problem was already described in the first and second emails in
this thread. It is that with certain versions of the Windows client,
the client hangs when we try to resume the session. I thought it was
clearly explained, so I can only guess that you did not read those
emails.

Also note that Sebastian found that the hang did NOT occur with
another version of the client. That is a key piece of evidence.

I confirmed that two versions of the Windows client also hangs for me
when I try to resume the session.

Try to forget about the workaround that I mentioned of restarting
x2goserver. That is not the central issue here.