[X2Go-User] load balanced broker autologin

Mike Gabriel mike.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de
Mon Oct 21 12:43:34 CEST 2013

Hi Stefan,

On  Do 17 Okt 2013 15:09:20 CEST, Stefan Heitmüller wrote:

> I can login on every single server without the broker, but when i'm
> using the broker, i just can login once. The second x2goclient ist
> listing the load-balanced session profile as in active (so
> "/usr/lib/x2go/x2gobroker-agent stefan.heitmueller listsessions" seems
> to work, at least it does on cli), login just throws an error.
>
> When watching the logs and personal authorized_key files, i see that the
> broker is placing the ssh key onto the target server while login to the
> first session. When logging into the second one, there is no attempt to
> do so...how is the automatic login done without ssh keys? using postgres
> database?

Currently, it is not possible to run multiple sessions for one user
with X2Go Session Broker. The logic inside the broker currently
presumes, that one user owns one session.

If that use logs onto X2Go via the broker, it should actually retrieve
the previously used session. So, basically, you start a session on one
client. If you log on from another client, the previously started
sessions gets suspended and resumed in this other client.

As multi-sessions-per-user has not been implemented in X2Go Client's
broker client so far, I used the same one-user-one-session assumption
for the session broker. However, I would love to see that generalized,
so that multi-sessions-per-user will be supported in the future and
that admins can then decide what session-logon model to use on their
site.

However, autologin should always work. With the session startup as
well as with session resuming (or when taking over sessions, which
maps to suspend+resume-on-another-client).

Could you please test you setup against the provided information (i.e.
lack of multi-session-support-per-user) and file a bug against our BTS
[1]?

Thanks,
Mike

[1] http://wiki.x2go.org/doku.php/wiki:bugs