[X2Go-User] Consultation on use of x2go

Mike Gabriel mike.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de
Mon Oct 21 12:27:07 CEST 2013

Hi Fermin,

On  Mo 14 Okt 2013 13:53:45 CEST, Fermin Barboza wrote:

> Hi currently I'm using TeamViewer and other systems that allow me to
> remotely support.
>
> The problem is that these systems are very costly for me.
> I'm looking for other alternatives.
>
> Right now I'm trying x2go
>
> I wonder whether I can use the same way x2go I use Teamviewer, especially to
> access Windows computers.
> Something that is very practical in systems like Teamviewer is that the
> person who supports you just have installed the software and to know
> your ID and
> password.
> Besides these systems allow direct access to any computer on the local
> network without having to open ports or configure routers or firewalls.
>
> From already thank you very much.

with the present features of X2Go, providing a MS Windows support
infrastructure like you know from team viewer is not possible.

X2Go can provide a helpdesk-like support workflow for machines running
Linux desktops. For this, you have to install X2Go server and X2Go
Desktop Sharing on those machines, so the machines have to be under
your administrative control.

Greets,

mike gabriel, herweg 7, 24357 fleckeby
fon: +49 (1520) 1976 148