[X2Go-User] nx-libs missing on Fedora 19

Michael DePaulo mikedep333 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 16 15:23:21 CEST 2013

Jan Engelhardt (and anybody else involved in X2Go's openSUSE Build Service
for Fedora),

It appears that the nx-libs packages are failing to compile for Fedora 19.
It is thus impossible to install x2go using the OBS Fedora 19 repo:
https://build.opensuse.org/project/show/X11:RemoteDesktop:x2go

Some people have suggested the workaround of using the Fedora 18 repo on
Fedora 19. That workaround seems to have worked for me. However, I plan on
updating the wiki (I have an account) and I do not want to write that
people should use the Fedora 18 repo on Fedora 19 unless I get confirmation
that it is safe to do so.
https://ask.fedoraproject.org/question/31602/cant-install-x2go-on-f19/

I might be able to help with fixing the nx-libs compiliation issue.
According to the OBS, it looks like newer versions of nx-libs are failing
to compile on Fedora 18, RHEL5 and RHEL6 also:
https://build.opensuse.org/project/monitor/X11:RemoteDesktop:x2go?blocked=0&building=0&dispatching=0&finished=0&pkgname=nx-libs&scheduled=0&signing=0&succeeded=0

-Mike