[X2Go-User] no menu with gnome fallback

Robert Lefebvre robert.r.lefebvre at gmail.com
Wed Oct 9 03:22:59 CEST 2013

Hi all,

A new install of ubuntu 12.04, all updated.

Installed latest all dependencies, x2goserver and x2goserver-xsession

Have multiple users so I am trying to set gnome fallback as the default
desktop globally by modifying etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf

Have this in there now :

[SeatDefaults]
#greeter-session=unity-greeter
#user-session=gnome-fallback
gnome-session --session=gnome-fallback

The "greeter" line is a mystery to me? I've run it and commented it out.
Doesn't seem to make a difference that I have noticed.

Basically the gnome classic desktop loads but no menu or task bar.

In the client I'm using custom desktop option with "gnome-session
--session=gnome-fallback" and also gnome-session
--session=gnome-session-fallback"

I've got the screen size of the client set to 600X800. One odd behavior I
noticed is that when the session is loading the window is, indeed, 600X800
but by the time it has fully loaded it has gone completely full screen. I
tried lowering the resolution, which keeps it going to full screen, but
there are still no top or bottom toolbars.

I'm running Windows 8 on a Toshiba 64 bit laptop.

Thanks

Robert

PS.

Here is what is listed in the client's "show details" window

NXPROXY - Version 3.5.0

Copyright (C) 2001, 2010 NoMachine.

See http://www.nomachine.com/ for more information.

Info: Proxy running in client mode with pid '7136'.

Session: Starting session at 'Tue Oct 8 20:48:25 2013'.

Info: Connecting to remote host 'localhost:31001'.

Info: Connection to remote proxy 'localhost:31001' established.

Info: Connection with remote proxy completed.

Warning: Unrecognized session type 'unix-kde-depth_32'. Assuming agent
session.

Warning: Failed to read data from the X auth command.

Warning: Generated a fake cookie for X authentication.

Info: Using WAN link parameters 768/24/1/0.

Info: Using cache parameters 4/4096KB/8192KB/8192KB.

Info: Using pack method '16m-jpeg-9' with session 'unix-kde-depth_32'.

Info: Using ZLIB data compression 1/1/32.

Info: Using ZLIB stream compression 1/1.

Info: No suitable cache file found.

Info: Forwarding X11 connections to display 'localhost:0'.

Session: Session started at 'Tue Oct 8 20:48:26 2013'.

Info: Established X server connection.

Info: Using shared memory parameters 0/0K.

BungeeBones.com - A B2B Link Exchange - Free Links in limited locations -
human edited and reviewed - Networked online advertising business
opportunities available through our free, distributed web directory script