[X2Go-User] x2gobroker on wheezy

Mike Gabriel mike.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de
Fri Oct 4 17:09:05 CEST 2013

Hi Mathias,

On  Fr 04 Okt 2013 14:24:19 CEST, Mathias Ewald wrote:

> Hi, I tried x2gobroker on Wheezy now but failed even earlier:
>
> root at x2gobroker:~# cat /etc/apt/sources.list
> deb http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian stable main contrib non-free
> deb-src http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian stable main contrib non-free
>
> deb http://ftp.debian.org/debian/ wheezy-updates main contrib non-free
> deb-src http://ftp.debian.org/debian/ wheezy-updates main contrib non-free
>
> deb http://security.debian.org/ wheezy/updates main contrib non-free
> deb-src http://security.debian.org/ wheezy/updates main contrib non-free
>
> root at x2gobroker:~# cat /etc/apt/sources.list.d/x2go.list
> # X2Go Repository
> deb http://packages.x2go.org/debian wheezy main
> # X2Go Repository (sources)
> deb-src http://packages.x2go.org/debian wheezy main
>
> root at x2gobroker:~# apt-get update
> root at x2gobroker:~# apt-get upgrade
>
> root at x2gobroker:~# apt-get install x2gobroker
> Reading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree
> Reading state information... Done
> or been moved out of Incoming.

>  x2gobroker : Depends: python-wsgilog but it is not installable
>               Depends: python-x2gobroker (>=
> 0.0.2.3-0~x2go1+wheezy~main~505~build1) but it is not going to be
> installed
>               Depends: python-x2gobroker (<
> 0.0.2.3-0~x2go1+wheezy~main~505~build1.1~) but it is not going to be
> installed
> root at x2gobroker:~# apt-cache search python-wsgilog
> root at x2gobroker:~# apt-cache search python-x2gobroker
> python-x2gobroker - X2Go http(s) based session broker (Python modules)
> root at x2gobroker:~# apt-get install python-x2gobroker
> Reading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree
> Reading state information... Done
> or been moved out of Incoming.

>  python-x2gobroker : Depends: python-pampy but it is not installable
> root at x2gobroker:~# apt-cache search python-pampy
> root at x2gobroker:~#
>

> Is there any distribution this actually works on? :D

I have just checked packages.x2go.org and quickly built the missing
python-pampy for the main repos area. (They had already been built for
the heuler area).

python-pampy is now available. Please try again and report back if it
works now.

Btw.: the session broker is quite recent code and has a very small
user base still. It could be professionalized by sponsoring projects.

Greets,

mike gabriel, herweg 7, 24357 fleckeby
fon: +49 (1520) 1976 148

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31