[X2Go-User] Desktop Sharing Error

Milan Knížek knizek.confy at gmail.com
Fri Nov 1 15:36:24 CET 2013

Just a wild guess: check if there is a group named "x2godesktopsharing"
in /etc/group file (or its alternative in OpenSuse).

If not, try to create it (man groupadd). It may fail due to length of
gid name being limited in some *nix systems (e.g. Arch maxes at 16
characters). If that is the case, you - or the package maintainer -
would have to patch the source code with a shorter gid name.

Milan

Joshua píše v Út 24. 09. 2013 v 18:40 +0000:
> Mike Gabriel <mike.gabriel at ...> writes:
> > ohoh... I am a pure Debian user and do not see this error. Are you
> > familiar with C++ and can add some debug output messages, so we can
> > narrow down, where exactly the error occurs? You, of course, have to
> > obtain the source package of x2godesktopsharing and rebuild it after
> > you have added some debug output.
> >
> > Hopefully, you can help with that...
>

> > Mike
> >
> I can download the source, but I am not familiar with the build or debug
> statements......so if you could just provide the text command for that...I
> would appreciate it!
>
> Joshua

http://milan-knizek.net/
About linux and photography (Czech only)
O linuxu a fotografování