[X2Go-User] user profile not loaded on login to remote ubuntu machine, x2go server with gnome-fallback-session

Sean van Buggenum svaens at gmail.com
Tue Mar 26 09:24:59 CET 2013

Matthew L. Dailey <matthew.l.dailey at ...> writes:

> Sean:
>
> We had this exact problem when rolling out X2Go. Since X2Go doesn't actually
spawn a login session,
> /etc/profile doesn't get sourced (and neither does ~/.profile).
>
> To fix this for all users, we added a script in
/etc/X11/Xsession.d/90read_profile that looks like this:

> # Source /etc/profile and $HOME/.profile
> # This should fix path issues in X2Go sessions
> if [ -r /etc/profile ]; then
>   source /etc/profile
> fi
> if [ -r $HOME/.profile ]; then
>   source $HOME/.profile
> fi
>
> To do this for just one user, you could theoretically put this same script in
$HOME/.xsession - I haven't
> tried this myself.
>
> I hope this helps.

Hi Matthew,

just saw your reply now.
I had actually already tried sourcing .profile from the .xsession file ..
It didn't work. Frustratingly, I also did not get results from sourcing it from
90read_profile. So, i'm still researching. Thanks for the hope though! ;)