[X2Go-User] x2go desktop sharing under Ubuntu

Dan MacDonald allcoms at gmail.com
Sat Mar 16 15:42:11 CET 2013

Hi x2go users and devs!

I installed x2go server under Ubuntu 12.04 from the x2go ppa. The server is
running KDE and I'm hoping to share just one users KDE desktop with various
clients (at least 1) although I have only tried logging in from Windows 7 so far
and I always get a new desktop instead of being presented to option of or
automatically getting logged onto the already running desktop.

I asked about this in IRC and I was told that x2godesktopsharing need not be
installed on the server to achieve what I want as I thought that would be the
way to do this initially. Instead I was told I needed to suspend my session but
I'm not sure how that process is supposed to work. I installed the KDE x2go
plasmoid but that only seems to be able to suspend desktops that have logged in
remotely- the suspend option is greyed out for user logged in locally. The user
I'm trying to desktop share with is added to both of the x2go groups.

Is this known to work as I want currently? If so, are there any relevant guides
or docs?