[X2Go-User] Unity and LXDE with x2go - a quick test

Mike Gabriel mike.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de
Thu Mar 14 08:38:01 CET 2013

Hi Christoph,

On Mi 13 Mär 2013 16:09:28 CET Christoph Mathys wrote:

> Unity
> Open (Linux/Windows): The window is resized to fullscreen during
> session startup, completely ignoring whatever resolution I might have
> chosen in the settings.
> Resize(Linux/Windows): Resizing the Unity window does not work, e.g.
> the window size changes but the content "does not get it".

Please edit /etc/x2go/x2goagent.options. By default the Xserver
extension XFIXES is disabled in x2goagent. Disabling is good for KDE
4.8+ in Ubuntu, but not so good for Unity (12.04 only). Re-enable
XFIXES and then resizing should work a little better, still not
perfect, though.

> LXDE
> Open (Linux): Works correctly.
> Open (Windows): The client window is too small for the content.
> Presumably [0].
> Resize (Linux/Windows): When resizing the client window, the taskbar
> is "forgotten". It just stays where it is while the rest is resized. I
> can trigger the taskbars resize reliably when I open a new window or
> move the mouse over buttons on the taskbar that change their
> appearance on mouseover.

I have observed this issue, too, but the problem is buried somewhere
in LXDE and libs. As the problem is really minor, everyone seems to
have it ignored, so far.

Greets,

fon: +49 (1520) 1976 148

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31