[X2Go-User] Debugging tips?

Mike Gabriel mike.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de
Thu Mar 14 08:34:47 CET 2013

Hi Tom,

On Mi 13 Mär 2013 17:11:06 CET Tom Harris wrote:

> I'm just starting to use x2go, and it has mostly worked great.   But, I
> have run into problems where I connect to my server, get authenticated, but
> never get my application displayed.    I can see the x2goagent process
> running on the server, but the app never displays.   Creating a new user
> account and logging in with that has usually succeeded as a workaround.
> But, obviously that's not a solution.
>
> I'm sure there is a simple fix for this, like cleaning up some lost session
> data.  But, my attempts thus far have failed.    Are there any session
> debugging tips available?  Or, pointers for where to look or how to enable
> more debugging output?

In /etc/x2go/x2goserver.conf you can set the X2Go Server loglevel to
debug. X2Go Server logs to syslog.

If you use PyHoca-GUI as a client (which has a much more verbose
debugging output) then you can enable --libdebug on the command line.
PyHoca-GUI logs to stderr.

There also might be some errors in ~/.xsession-x2go-errors if you have
the package x2goserver-xsession installed.

To give you more advice (once who have debugged yourself a little) we
need a bit more information (what distro, what version, what desktop
shell, etc.)

Best,

fon: +49 (1520) 1976 148

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31