[X2Go-User] exotic multi-display / multi-monitor configuration

Thomas Lutz livingfire at web.de
Fri Mar 8 12:15:02 CET 2013

Hi Tristan,

Tristan Miller <psychonaut at ...> writes:

> Knowing what OS and desktop environment and how your multimonitor setup is
configured, would probably help.

My box is running Ubuntu 12.04.2 LTS x86_64
The window manager is Gnome with GDMSESSION=ubuntu-2d

My complete xorg.conf can be found here:

> Shouldn't this be the responsibility of the window manager (or whatever the
> equivalent is on the OS and desktop environment you're using)?

I'm new to higher X11 magic. Shouldn't it be irrelevant which window manager I'm
using?

My systems runs fine on Xinerama. When I activate the x2go Xinerama option, all
of my 4 screens are recognised and the terminal session will run on 4 monitors.

It is also possible to tell x2go via configuration to use a "total screen" (1-4)
which will run a single monitor.

What I'd like to do is a mix of the above. I'd like to configure x2go to an
array of screens 1,2,3 that will run 3 monitors.

I hope it is just a x2go configuations thing. If it is possible at all.

Regards,
Thomas