[X2Go-User] Fwd: [X2Go-Dev] x2go wiki is moving...

Mike Gabriel mike.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de
Mon Mar 4 11:14:37 CET 2013

Forwarding the below info to the x2go-user ML...

Mike

----- Weitergeleitete Nachricht von heinz-m.graesing at obviously-nice.de -----
      Datum: Mon, 04 Mar 2013 08:58:09 +0100
        Von: "Heinz-M. Graesing" <heinz-m.graesing at obviously-nice.de>
Antwort an: x2go-dev at lists.berlios.de
    Betreff: [X2Go-Dev] x2go wiki is moving...
         An: x2go-dev at lists.berlios.de

Hello *@list,

The wiki platform we are using will be moved to our dev server in the
next days. This means, that for a time of a few days to weeks, the dns
entries will be changed and regarding to the place where you accessing
it, there will be different sites...

To avoid loosing work, I'll deny changes to the old wiki. As soon as you
can access the new location, you'll be able to work on the wiki again.

In the last weeks I've done a rework of our wiki (technical and
optical). As there were used now unsupported extensions and a not easy
to update template, I changed to a near generic template and banned
all unsupported extensions.

The wiki technical base is a new installation, but I've imported all
existing pages. Maybe there is some more work needed due to the lack of
extensions and the new template.

Besides those tasks, there is still a lot of work to do to, to get a
better "first impression" on the x2go project.

As there were a lot of fake users, we'll disable the "registration"
feature of the wiki. People who would like to help are invidted to
write a short email on our dev/user lists, so we can avoid "capture
pictures" and other annoying things.

If you can't loging anymore it is likely that you never changed or
added content to the wiki. I've removed those and accounts that
created "advertising" pages.

As the work is not completed yet, I hope it will still seen as progress.

Regards,

Heinz