[X2Go-User] Arrow keys problems with openSUSE

Carlos pureacetone at gmail.com
Wed Jun 19 02:18:01 CEST 2013

On Wednesday, June 19, 2013 12:39:46 AM deabru wrote:

> > I've tried that but no luck.
> >
> > Down arrow key is translated as enter key so It's a completely mess to try
> > to use  the console.
>
> did you tried "setxkbmap" without "es"?
>
> "Keep current keyboard Settings" is checked in my config, and I have
> selected my keyboard (the real one) at systemsettings (inside x2go session)
>
> I hope that helps. Saludos.
> --
> deabru, bai deabrunaiz...

Yes, I did,

I also have that option checked ("keep current keyboard....") and the layouts
are the same in both computers.

I've just find out this old message:

https://lists.berlios.de/pipermail/x2go-dev/2009-May/000036.html

And I've tried the setxkbmap with the following options (Obviously, I've
changed the model and the layout):

setxkbmap -rules xfree86 -model pc105 -layout es -option ""

and It works!

I tried the command without the "-rules" flag and It didn't work, so this flag
has to be what makes the trick.

Thanks.