[X2Go-User] X2go-broker problem - SOLVED

Juan Carlos Corchado jcorchado at tsc.upc.edu
Mon Jun 3 09:30:35 CEST 2013

Hi all,

Setting the rootless option to false works fine.

Thank you
very much,

A 2013-05-31 14:13, Anders Bruun Olsen escrigué:

> Hi
Juan,

> First of all, make sure you have enabled the inifile backend
in /etc/x2go/x2gobroker.conf:

> [inifile]
> enable = true

session-profiles = /etc/x2go/broker/x2gobroker-sessionprofiles.conf

> Second, make sure you have the newest x2goclient.
> I am not
entirely sure what you mean by "it is open in two windows". Can you take
a screenshot so we can see it?

> I am not entirely sure what the
effect of rootless=true (in your config) is, but mine is set to false. I
am guessing it is to do with having an X root window or not. This has
nothing to do with the user root, but is an X concept. You normally
don't want to run rootless X.

<jcorchado at tsc.upc.edu>

>> Hi all,
>>
>> I need to install a load
balancing system and I know that is possible with x2go-broker.
>> I have
already installed and configured x2go-broker on a server and when I try
to inicialice the app with this command:

--broker-url=http://server:8080/plain/inifile/ [1]

>> It is open in
two windows. One with the toolbar and another one with the desktop.
tried to modify some options in
/etc/x2go/broker/x2gobroker-sessionprofiles.conf but I have no
success.

------------------------x2gobroker-sessionprofiles.conf.........................

[DEFAULT]
>> command=TERMINAL
>> defsndport=true
>> useiconv=false

iconvfrom=UTF-8
>> #height=600
>> export=
>> quality=9

fullscreen=false
>> layout=
>> useexports=true
>> width=800

speed=2
>> soundsystem=pulse
>> print=true
>> type=auto

sndport=4713
>> xinerama=false
>> variant=
>> usekbd=true

fstunnel=true
>> applications=TERMINAL,WWWBROWSER,MAILCLIENT,OFFICE

multidisp=false
>> sshproxyport=22
>> sound=true
>> rootless=true

iconvto=UTF-8
>> soundtunnel=true
>> dpi=96
>> sshport=22
>> setdpi=0

pack=16m-jpeg
>> directrdp=false
>>
>> [KDE]
>> user=
>> host=server

name=KDE
>> command=KDE
>>
>> [GNOME]
>> user=
>> host=server

name=GNOME
>> command=GNOME

------------------------x2gobroker-sessionprofiles.conf.........................

>> Can you help me, please?
>>
>> Thanks,

> --

Anders Bruun Olsen
> It-ansvarlig
> Det Danske Sprog- og
Litteraturselskab
> (Society for Danish Language and Literature)

Links:
------
[1] http://server:8080/plain/inifile/
[2]