[X2Go-User] Failure negotiating the session in stage '7'. Wrong version or invalid session authentication cookie.

Roland Giesler roland at giesler.za.net
Tue Jul 30 00:09:08 CEST 2013

On 29/07/2013 08:42, Kjell Otto wrote:
> Hi Roland,
>
> sorry to let you down on this, I'm still busy doing other stuff all
> the time.

No problem! We all have to pay the bills somehow, right? :-)

> The error you're getting seems to be related to your X-Server
> installation.
> The KDE part of the agent starting is completely normal, it's just
> about setting your
> color depth AFAIK.
>
> Sorry about messing arround with Master and Shadow stuff... What I
> ment was
> this: When you're starting a GNOME session. You can just close the
> window when
> you're leaving the desktop. Then just start the GNOME session again
> once you want
> to come back. And you'll see the old one is still running and resumable.
>
> There is another way to connect to an opened session, via the
> desktopsharing feature
> of x2go. But that seems unrelated...
>
> It seems that you've messed up a part of your X or X configuration.
> This is acutally
> what stops your x2go client from really doing something:
>
> check command message
>
> X Error: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter) 3
>   Major opcode: 20 (X_GetProperty)
>   Resource id:  0x4004bbc
> X Error: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter) 3
>   Major opcode: 15 (X_QueryTree)
>   Resource id:  0x4004bbc
>
> Try to find the problem related to this. It seems that your problem is
> not about
> x2go...
I consider this good news!  Let me see what I can do about this.  You're
right, the Xserver setup was having trouble at some stage, so I'll go
through that in detail to see what's wrong there.

I have had a detailed analysis with Mike Gabriel over on IRC as well,
and it also lead to x2go not being able to connect to screen:50 for some
reason.

regards

Roland