[X2Go-User] Problems with meta characters on Mac client

Anders Bruun Olsen abo at dsl.dk
Thu Jul 4 13:43:41 CEST 2013

Hi,

I can't seem to figure out how to make x2goclient send characters such as |
(pipe) and @ to my terminalserver, when connected from a Mac client. It
works fine from a Linux client.

My terminalserver is running XFCE on Ubuntu with latest x2goserver and
x2goclient 4.0.1.0 on OSX 10.8 with danish keyboard layout. I have tried
changing layouts in the XFCE settings, but that just results in all
keyboard input being scrambled around. When I set it back to "system
standard" most keys work correctly, except stuff that requires meta-keys.
Pipe on danish Mac is alt+i, which logically just produces the alt+i effect
in XFCE. @ is alt+' (next to enter) on a danish mac keyboard. This produces
nothing in XFCE. Any hints for how to at least be able to produce those
characters in an x2goclient session?

Even better would of course be a full keyboard-solution for Mac-users, but
that might be tough, given the fundamental differences between PC and Mac
keyboards :)

--
Anders Bruun Olsen
It-ansvarlig