[X2Go-User] Keyboard issues

Mike Gabriel mike.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de
Thu Jan 17 00:31:06 CET 2013

Hi again,

On Mi 16 Jan 2013 15:06:10 CET "Stéphane Mutz (BLINKSIGHT)" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm facing a couple of key mapping issues with X2go.
>
> My setup is the following:
> Server: X2go running on Ubuntu 12.10 server
> Session: XFCE4
> Client: either Windows 7 or Linux
>
> 1) The status of Numlock is often lost when reconnecting to a session.
> It is always lost when connecting initially. It requires using numlockx
> almost
> at each reconnection. Is there a way to ensure a continuous sync of numlock
> between client and server? As a fallback, I'd be happy if numlock is
> always set on.

I never experience this... :-( So no expertise on that.

> 2) When switching between a Linus and Windows client, key mapping
> gets corrupted (e.g. the DOWN arrow key now behaves as ENTER). Is there
> a way to avoid that?

Please try to run ,,x2gosetkeyboard'' inside the X2Go Session and see
if it fixes the keyboard. If that works, please use ,,audo'' in the
X2Go session profile for keyboard model (which is the second field in
the keyboard configuration section).

fon: +49 (1520) 1976 148

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31