[X2Go-User] Connecting Message

Mike Gabriel mike.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de
Fri Jan 4 09:57:58 CET 2013

Hi Joshua,

On Fr 04 Jan 2013 09:00:10 CET "Duan Joshua (CI/AFR3-SG)" wrote:

> Dear List,
>
> I would like to achieve the following with x2go:
>
> /when a user connects using either x2goclient or python x2go, a
> message will be displayed before he is logged in: "Welcome to
> terminal services, you will be connected in the next XXX seconds.". /
>
> What needs to be done to achieve this? Shall I do something at the
> clients level? or putting scripts into  x2goserver-run-extensions?

Do you want this message appear in the session window (does not make
that much sense as this seems a little late for the purpose you have
in focus) or before the session window appears?

If the latter, then you have to patch the client code. Choose your
approach (x2goclient or python-x2go) and file a wishlist request
against either of those packages: