[X2Go-User] Diskless Booting

Denis Cardon denis.cardon at tranquil-it-systems.fr
Fri Jan 4 00:02:24 CET 2013

Hi Thomas,

> I try to set up an environment where the user can choose between:
>
>   - diskless booting an operating system (no x2go)
>
>   - booting a small operating system and use x2go.

we are using the debian live project on a few hundred terminals (running
x2go/freerdp/firefox) and are very happy with it.

It is very debian style, so if you are familiar to it, you will fell at
ease, and you can install what ever packet you want from the debian
repositories in order to get your local netbooting terminal the way you
want.

The only downside might be the startup time, which is slower than a
dedicated solution.

HTH, Cheers,

Denis

--