[X2Go-User] Using X2Go Plugin on non-Debian systems

Mike Gabriel mike.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de
Thu Feb 14 05:12:45 CET 2013

Hi Bernhard,

On Mi 13 Feb 2013 19:33:37 CET "Bernhard J. Mayr" wrote:

>> The plugin compiles on Linux, Mac OS and Windows.

> So I have to get the SourceCode and compile the plugin? Is there also a
> way to just download the plugin on windows or mac?

>> PS: I just took a quick glance at your own project (elexis austria)...
>> NICE!!!

> Thank you very much. This project is also the reason why I started to
> have a look at x2go. I would like to be able to provide an environment
> for our users to run the software on the server and work by the help of
> x2go. The browser plugin seems to be the easiest way. Yet most of our
> customers are not able to compile software....

Some tasks in X2Go are just completed because someone does them. Other
tasks stay in the loop, because they are time intensive and we have to
focus on customer projects and acquisition first and then give our
time to time intensive tasks in the project.

One of that task is documenting the win32 build of X2Go Client and
X2Go Plugin (Oleksandr has to do that).

If, by any chance, you have the financial power to book Oleksandr for
a day, the issue could be off the table immediately:

   o document win32 build of X2Go Client and X2Go Plugin
   o setup build env for the X2Go Plugin so that with later releases of X2Go
     Client there will always be a setup.exe for the X2Go Plugin

This is also addressed to any other user having an interest in the
X2Go Plugin for win32.

Greets,

fon: +49 (1520) 1976 148

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31