[X2Go-User] [newb] display size ignored

Roderick Johnstone rmj at ast.cam.ac.uk
Sun Dec 29 16:27:48 CET 2013

On 28/12/13 21:20, Mike Gabriel wrote:
> Hi Roderick,

>>> I did notice this in the x2go log, maybe related?
>>>
>>> nxagentXkbGetRules: WARNING! Failed to stat file
>>> [/usr/lib64/nx/X11/xkb/rules/xorg]: Unknown error -1.
>>
>> Yes, I noticed that too. I think that is fixed by touching the file
>> usr/share/X11/xkb/keymap.dir. Anyway, touching the keymap.dir file
>> seems to be needed for the keyboard mapping to work at all.
>>
>> Actually there are three cases of different settings in the client.
>> Currently I only have the case of setting the keyboard type and layout
>> explicitly, working. I will be reporting the non-working cases, but
>> need some time for more testing to be sure of whats not working.
>>
>> By putting some debugging into /usr/bin/startkde I can see that the
>> keymap is set correctly before starting kde but once the session is
>> established its changed to a us keyboard layout.
>>
>> Roderick
>
> Please try X2Go Client from our nightly builds [1] with your testings.
> The keyboard setup method has slightly changed there.
>
> Mike
>
> [1] http://wiki.x2go.org/doku.php/wiki:development:nightly-builds

Mike

Thanks for your interest in this. Getting this working is a high
priority for me.

I checked out the link that you posted. I am interested in Windows and
Macos Clients. Currently I've been testing the Windows client but can't
see any nightly builds for that OS on that page. Can you provide a more
specific link please?

I did check the preview releases but dont ee anything newer than the
4.0.1.2 version that I have.

Many thanks.

Roderick