[X2Go-User] Nightly builds for Fedora and EPEL

Mike Gabriel mike.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de
Tue Dec 17 16:46:25 CET 2013

Hi all,

thanks to one of our project sponsorers, IMMOBILIEN SCOUT 24, we will
be able to provide nightly built RPM packages and RPM release packages
directly from upstream in the (near) future.

Our RPM packages currently build against various Fedora (18-21 atm)
versions [1] and against EPEL (5+6) [2].

The nightly built RPMs still need some work here and there (QA work is
still in process), but we are happy to share the test load.

For those of you who start playing with our RPM builds: please use our
X2Go bug tracking system to report RPM bugs [3]. Please tag your bug
report with ''Tag: rpm-packages'', if you think the bug exists in the
RPM package itself and not so much in the X2Go code.

Don't report to your distro as the distro maintainers cannot help you
when playing with package provided by X2Go upstream. We will do our
best to support the Fedora packaging team of X2Go to merge our (as we
think) improvements into the .spec (i.e. RPM packaging) files.

Greets,
Mike

[1]
http://wiki.x2go.org/doku.php/wiki:development:nightly-builds#nightly_builds_for_fedora