[X2Go-User] What is latest stable version of the Windows client?

Michael DePaulo mikedep333 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 10 05:49:50 CET 2013

Hi Steve,

1st of all, I just uploaded 4.0.1.2pre02 to the x2go server, but it's
not accessible to everyone yet. Mike Gabriel will most likely make it
accessible under the same folder as pre01 when he starts his workday.
The only difference since pre01 is that x2goclient.exe itself is
updated to git hash 31b6e2a55ac9328c96ae4f61f18a1a3f4dbf9b6b
(2013-12-10 in UTC) which fixes bug 230 ("x2goclient on Windows does
not show up in Control Panel/Programs") and includes a few days worth
of other changes. None of the other components (nx-libs, VcXsrv, etc)
have changed.

2nd, I do not know when Mike Gabriel intends to release 4.0.1.2. I
know it's sometime soon.

But to answer your question, I recommend that you wait a day or 2 if
possible and see if any regressions are posted on the bug tracker or
to this mailing list. If no regressions come up, then use pre02. So
far, no regression/bugs have been reported about pre01. People have
only mentioned that existing bugs are still present (although I did
fix the existing bug #230 and am rather proud of it; It is my 1st
non-trivial commit!)

Whichever version you do use, I advise you to test your usage scenario
as much as you can. E.g., test the apps that your users need. If you
do run into a bug, try 4.0.0.3 and see if it is present.

-Mike