[X2Go-User] How to dynamically resize the session display ?

Mike Gabriel mike.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de
Fri Aug 30 21:12:40 CEST 2013

Hi Christoph,

On Do 29 Aug 2013 11:32:59 CEST Christophe Lohr wrote:

>   I'm trying x2go to be connected on an GNOME desktop. The
> gnome-control-center tool allows us to dynamically change the
> resolution of the remote desktop. This immediately resizes the
> window of the x2go viewer. Unfortunately, this causes strange
> effects regarding the gnome desktop: the taskbar and the menu bar
> are truncated, dialog boxes are no more centered, etc.

GNOMEv3 is totally disrecommended with X2Go. The XRandR support does
not work with the resizing capabilities of X2Go's (N)X-Server
(x2goagent).

> It is as if information about the new resolution were not propagated
> to gnome.
> Is there a better way to do that?
> (Is it a bug regarding the implementation of xrandr?)

Use MATE Desktop instead.

> PS: It has nothing to do, but I've seen that x2goclient has an
> "maximize" option. Unfortunately this affect only the window of the
> session manager. It would be nice if the window of x2goagent could
> also be maximized (and not only fullscreen or at custom resolution).
> Isn't it?

AFAIK the maximize feature does not work on Windows atm. It works on
Linux just fine AFAIK. (At least the maxmimize window feature in
PyHoca-GUI works on Linux, but not on Windows).

Greets,

mike gabriel, herweg 7, 24357 fleckeby
fon: +49 (1520) 1976 148

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31