[X2Go-User] x2go without instalation

Mike Gabriel mike.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de
Wed Sep 26 15:52:44 CEST 2012

Hi,

On Mi 26 Sep 2012 14:42:13 CEST Lukas Laukamp wrote:

> Am 21.09.2012 20:27, schrieb Mike Gabriel:
>> Hi,
>>
>> On Do 21 Jun 2012 15:10:45 CEST Rui Cruz wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Is there any workaround or anyone working on a Windows .zip file for usage
>>> without admin rights?
>>>
>>> thank you for your attention.
>>
>> If you have a Windows system where you can install X2Go Client you
>> can copy it from there to an USB stick and run it in --portable mode.
>>
>> Greets,
>> Mike

> Hi,
>
> is there also a way to do the same with PyHoca in a windows and
> linux version on one USB stick formated with NTFS? I know that
> ext3/4 would also work on Windows with special drivers but NTFS
> would be better because it's Windows standard and the most Linux
> distros have ntfs-3g out of the box activ.

PyHoca-GUI is a Python application that uses nxproxy (binary
executable). It has quite a few Python dependencies, so all these have
to be installed, as well.

So, if the machine you are at has Python (+modules) and nxproxy
installed you can use PyHoca-GUI on that machine.

Portable versions are not planned. If needed you can contract me to
provide a portable version of PyHoca-GUI for Windows and Linux.

The underlying filesystem does not really matter. You can also use
fat32 as underlying file systems.

BTW: PyHoca-GUI has command line options to use it as a portable
application. However, this is theoretical and I have not tested it, yet.

Greets,

fon: +49 (1520) 1976 148

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31