[X2Go-User] X2Go release: nx-libs (incl. x2goagent) 3.5.0.15 (fixes broken glyphs when resuming)

Mike Gabriel mike.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de
Fri Sep 21 10:15:33 CEST 2012

Dear all,

The X2Go Project is very very very proud to announce the release of

   - nx-libs incl. x2goagent (3.5.0.15)

The release fixes the long waited for problem that session resuming is
broken since current Linux system have started using libcairo >= 1.12.x.

One of our core developers spent two days in the dark to find a patch
for this:
http://code.x2go.org/gitweb?p=nx-libs.git;a=blob;f=debian/patches/204_nxagent_repaint-solidpict.full.patch

For more info on this bug, read the corresponding entry in our (new)
bug tracker:
http://bugs.x2go.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=16

Stable packages for Debian and Ubuntu are currently building on our
build server.

@Packagers for other distros: Tarballs have been uploaded, please
provide the new version of nx-libs to users of other distributions
asap. Also, please test the new version with our distro and report
back, if you find any issues.

light+love,
Mike

NX-LIBS (changelog)
===================

nx-libs (2:3.5.0.15-0) unstable; urgency=low

   [ Mike Gabriel ]
   * Improve 020_add-nxagent-wrapper.full.patch: Properly set NX_TEMP, make
     sure nxagent launches even with pam_tmpdir.so being in use.
   * Improve 023_add-x2goagent-wrapper.full.patch: Properly set NX_TEMP, make
     sure x2goagent launches even with pam_tmpdir.so being in use.
   * Add VERSION.x2goagent to package x2goagent package so x2goversion command
     lists up x2goagent in the list of X2Go server-side packages.
   * Refresh patch: 200_nxagent_check-binary-x2go-flavour.full.patch.
   * Make sure the NX_TEMP envvar gets set in all wrapper script for all nx*
     execubles.
   * Link libNX_Xrandr to a separate location where we can provide it as
     libXrandr.
   * Add patch: 220_nxproxy-bind-loopback-only.full+lite.patch, adds loopback
     option to nxproxy options and forces nxproxy to bind to loopback devices
     only.
   * /debian/control:
     + Maintainer change in package: X2Go Developers
<x2go-dev at lists.berlios.de>.

   [ Oleksandr Shneyder ]
   * Add patch: 204-nxagent_repaint-solidpict.full.patch. Fixes repainting of
     SolidFill pictures by nxagent/x2goagent on reconnects. Closes upstream
     issue #16.

  -- Mike Gabriel <mike.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de>
     Fri, 21 Sep 2012 10:02:16 +0200

mike gabriel, dorfstr. 27, 24245 barmissen
fon: +49 (4302) 281418, fax: +49 (4302) 281419

GnuPG Key ID 0xB588399B