[X2Go-User] zombie processes

Sun Oct 28 21:34:13 CET 2012

Hello list,

I'm newbie to x2go and tonight I installed x2goserver on a "Debian
Testing" server. Everything works ok, but I see <defunct> zombie
processes when starting x2goserver:

3748 pts/1 S 0:00 /usr/bin/perl /usr/sbin/x2gocleansessions
3752 pts/1 S 0:00  \_ sh -c /usr/lib/x2go/x2golistsessions_sql
                    myhost1 2>/dev/null
3753 pts/1 S 0:00  \_ /usr/bin/perl /usr/lib/x2go/x2golistsessions_sql
                    myhost1
3760 pts/1 R 0:00  \_ /usr/bin/perl /usr/lib/x2go/x2gosqlitewrapper.pl
                    listsessionsroot myhost1

I edited it just a bit because of line wrapping. After a few seconds
three zombie processes remain:

 3748 pts/1 S 0:00 /usr/bin/perl /usr/sbin/x2gocleansessions
 3752 pts/1 Z 0:00  \_ [sh] <defunct>
 3814 pts/1 Z 0:00  \_ [sh] <defunct>
 3825 pts/1 Z 0:00  \_ [sh] <defunct>

Is this a bug or am I missing something crucial somewhere. I do not run
gdm or something like that on that machine.

I also noticed that without starting the init script "x2goserver", I
can start sessions from a client. Is that normal behaviour?

Richard.

It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak
aloud and remove all doubt.