[X2Go-User] Shared folders only work when connecting locally

Angel Tsankov angel.tsankov at abv.bg
Tue Oct 16 09:09:57 CEST 2012

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your reply.

> Hi Angel

> On Do 19 Jul 2012 16:39:37 CEST Angel Tsankov wrote:

> > Hello.

> > It seems that shared folders only work when server host is the same

> > as client host. If I start a new session on a remote host I do not

> > get the ~/media symlink there.

> > Any ideas why this happens or which log files I should look at?

> Is the server-side user member of the fuse group?

Yes, the server-size user is member of the fuse group.

In /var/log/syslog I can see that X2Go tries to mount client-side path "angel"@127.0.0.1:"/home/angel/desktop"  at server-side path "/tmp/.x2go-angel/media/disk/_home_angel_desktop". Is it not strange that client has been resolved as 127.0.0.1 though it is a distinct machine from server?

> If that does not help: what X2Go version do you have on the server

> (run x2goversion command). On what distro are you, what version of

> that distro do you use (all server-side).

Output from x2goversion (server-side):

x2goagent: 3.5.0.15
x2goserver: 3.1.1.4
x2goserver-extensions: 3.1.1.4
x2goserver-xsession: 3.1.1.4

Server-side distro is Debian squeeze (6.x).

Regards,
Angel Tsankov