[X2Go-User] Laptop to Server keyboard map doesn't work

Will Rouesnel w.rouesnel at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 02:05:40 CEST 2012

I have x2go installed on a server system, a desktop and a laptop. All
using 3.99.2.2, all running Linux Mint (Ubuntu variant).

When I connect from the desktop to the server, the keyboard maps just
fine - all keys work as expected.

When I connect from the laptop to the server however, the keyboard map
is messed up - home/end keys don't work, arrow keys map to other random
keys etc.

I cannot figure out why this is happening, and no combination of the
x2go keyboard settings seems to change the result. I have noticed when
connecting from the laptop to the server if I check the keyboard map
when connected I get "null". Trying to change it results in an error
from the keyboard daemon for changing the xkbmap.

Is there anything I can do to try and debug this? It seems very odd that
it goes so wrong from computer, but is perfectly fine from another,
since the keyboards on both are configured to use the same generic
105-key layout.