[X2Go-User] PyHoca-GUI tweaks (was: (no subject))

Mike Gabriel mike.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de
Thu Oct 11 11:14:26 CEST 2012

Hi,

On Mi 10 Okt 2012 23:21:32 CEST  wrote:

> Well, no. I have the session set up in PyHoca, but for some reason it's
> not invoking my SSH key so I have to manually log in. Maybe I have to
> specify the key in session settings.

Yes, you have to explicitly specify a private key in the session
settings. During the last days I have implemented ,,auto-discovery''
of SSH private keys and SSH agent authentication (X2GoClient already
has this feature and also a session switch for that).

I have also added forwarding of SSH agent authentication requests
(same feature as provided by ,,ssh -A''.

> But when I click on that logged-in
> session, and hit Start New Desktop Session.... nothing. Zip. I can do
> that a hundred times, and it ignores me. So I set in session settings
> for it to automatically launch a session on login, and it's not
> starting there either. PyHoca is just not working.

The session auto-starting (and also profile auto-conecting) has to be
enabled by some command line switches:

pyhoca-gui --auto-connect --start-on-connect --resume-on-connect

If you use those options on the cmdline, the autoconnect and autostart
features in the session profile will become functional.

(hmmm... maybe I should enable those by default???)

BTW: Simply stating that PyHoca-GUI (or some other X2Go component)
does not work is not really nice (as it actually works quite well
here)... There maybe issues in the X2Go code and we are willing to
solve them for everyone, but also please consider a lack of knowledge
on your side for being the possible reason of your experienced issues.
AND: You do not have to use X2Go. If you use it, and it does not work
as expected, please help improving it with qualified and detailed
issue reports rather than sending some not-quite-understandable and
frustrated comment to this list (like the one this thread started with
:-( ). Such comments are not really motivating (and I tend to ignore
them, so thanks for Terje who picked up this thread in the first place).

Greets,

fon: +49 (1520) 1976 148

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31