[X2Go-User] x2go session timeout

Mike Gabriel mike.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de
Tue Nov 27 01:30:40 CET 2012

Hi Tim.

On Mo 26 Nov 2012 18:03:31 CET Tim Kruse wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> regarding some connection tests it turns out, that there is a 120 sec
> timeout, after which a session to a not responding proxy is turned into
> suspend mode.
>
> /tmp/$USER/session-C-$SESSID:
>
> Warning: No data received from remote proxy within 30 seconds.
> Error: No data received from remote proxy within 120 seconds.
> Session: Display failure detected at 'Mon Nov 26 16:39:07 2012'.
> Session: Suspending session at 'Mon Nov 26 16:39:07 2012'.
> Session: Session suspended at 'Mon Nov 26 16:39:07 2012'.
>
> So the question is, if there is a chance to change these 120s?

It seems that 120s is the default value. There is a timeout option
with nxproxy (see nxproxy --help) and a timeout option with x2goagent
(see x2goagent --help).

The x2goagent timeout gets set in /usr/bin/x2gostartagent. You might
edit that script and play with that.

The nxproxy options are set in x2goclient / python-x2go. If you also
test with python-x2go, you can edit
<python-module-path>/x2go/backends/proxy/_nx3.py and test the client
side timeout, as well.

> Next, is there a chance to change the default behavior to terminate
> and not suspend?

If it is possible to set a timeout within the x2gostartagent script,
I'd be happy to accept a patch against x2goserver.git (master branch)
that sets a timeout in /etc/x2go/x2goserver.conf and uses this timeout
value in x2gostartagent.

Greets,

fon: +49 (1520) 1976 148

GnuPG Key ID 0x25771B31