[X2Go-User] Install not working on Ubuntu 12.10

Joe Ambrosino jambrosino at bridgeborn.com
Wed Nov 7 21:13:59 CET 2012

I have thus far installed x2go server on 3 Ubuntu desktop machines, two
of them, Ubuntu 10.04 and one 12.04 that I've upgraded from10.04.

The two machines that currently run on 10.04 work just fine I can
connect using a password without using shared keys. I cannot get the
12.04 machine to work. I've installed & uninstalled completely several
times.  Each time I try to connect, I get an error -Access denied.
Authentication that can continue: publickey,
password,keyboard-interactive.

I have tried connecting without a shared key, and discovered when I
tried to use the shared key, the folder .x2go (yes I know, it's hidden)
that is available in the Home folder on my other machines, isn't
available on the 12.04 machine. I thought that perhaps the folder wasn't
getting created because of a permissions issue, so I created an empty
.x2go folder with the same permissions as on my other machines. This
didn't help, the folder was never populated.

I get no install errors. I tried enabling debugging, but wasn't able to
find any output (I may not be looking in the correct place, but related
is appearing in the logfile viewer.

I'm using the instructions from this page
http://www.x2go.org/doku.php/wiki:x2go-repository-ubuntu

Regards,

Joe Ambrosino

Director of Multimedia Services

Bridgeborn, Inc.

This electronic mail transmission is privileged and confidential and is

intended solely for the party to whom it is addressed. If you have

received this transmission in error, please delete the message and

attachments without printing, copying, forwarding or saving them and

notify the sender immediately.