[X2Go-User] Fwd: x2goserver without root access

Ralf Hemmecke hemmecke at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 22:08:10 CET 2012

>> Doesn't x2go follow the default of "./configure && make && make install"?
>
> Probably. But implementing that requires someone doing it. However,
> patches welcome :-)

Well, I must say, the x2go.org website is a disaster. If I hadn't heard
from a friend that x2go is good, I would have stopped looking at it
immediately. The website doesn't even state what x2go is good for.

If x2go should get more users/developers that should be fixed. (Sorry, I
cannot, since I only roughly know what x2go is all about. -- I'd rather
need that information.)

Maybe I should rather subscribe to the x2go-developer list. Looking at
http://www.x2go.org/doku.php/wiki:development:git
tells me about "Checkout all repos:". A bash-script? That looks like
x2go should rather use "git submodules" no?

Ralf