[X2Go-User] x2godesktopsharing

Marco Isella marco at imap.cc
Mon Nov 5 07:49:30 CET 2012

Hi, I just discovered x2go while looking for an alternative to vnc. I
got it working but I have not yet managed to share the same desktop
between 2 users.

If I understand it right I should install the x2godesktopsharing
component. I followed the instructions found here
(http://www.x2go.org/doku.php/wiki:components:desktop-sharing) but there
is no x2godesktopsharing candidate to install. The server is a ubuntu
12.10 and if I search for x2go there is no x2godesktopsharing found:

marco at here:~$ sudo apt-cache search x2go
x2goserver - X2Go server daemon scripts
x2goagent - X2Go agent
x2goclient - X2Go Client application (Qt4)
x2goplugin - X2Go Client (Qt4) as browser plugin
pinentry-x2go - Qt4-based PIN or pass-phrase entry dialog for x2goclient
x2gothinclient - login daemon starting x2goclient in displaymanager mode
x2gousbmount - clientside usb mass-storage device mounting
x2gocdmanager - clientside daemon enabling automatic CD-Rom mounting
x2gosmartcardrules - UDEV rules for smartcard readers
python-x2go - Python module providing X2Go client API
pyhoca-gui - Graphical X2Go client written in (wx)Python
pyhoca-cli - Command line X2Go client written in Python
x2goserver-extensions - X2Go server daemon scripts (extensions)
plasma-widget-x2go - Plasma widget for control X2go sessions
x2gothinclientmanagement - Management tools for X2Go thin client chroot
server
cups-x2go - Virtual X2Go printer for CUPS
x2goserver-compat - X2Go server daemon scripts (backwards compatitbity
to old client versions)
x2golxdebindings - LXDE bindings for X2go
x2goserver-printing - X2Go server daemon scripts (printing)
x2goserver-xsession - X2Go server daemon scripts (Xsession runner)
x2goserver-pyhoca - X2Go server daemon scripts (add-ons for pyhoca
client)
x2goserver-fmbindings - Generic (freedesktop-based) file manager
bindings for X2Go
python-x2go-doc - Python module providing X2Go client API
(documentation)

What I am missing?

Thanks

Marco