[X2Go-User] Kubuntu Precise & DBUS problems with x2go. { FORWARD from X2GO-DEV }

Helmer Teles helmer.teles at gmail.com
Fri May 18 13:27:36 CEST 2012

> On Tuesday 08 May 2012 18:32:32 Helmer Teles wrote:

>Hello ML

>I've been strugling with Kubuntu 12.04 precise & x2go.

>As reported before KDE crashes several times with DBUS errors.
>DBUS is denying access to x2go remote sessions. I've googled for the error,
>but can't seem to find the way to solve the problem system wide.

>As a example, printer-applet crashes if i don't change two rules in
>/etc/dbus-1/system.d/com.redhat.NewPrinterNotification.conf

>I've already tried to modify DBUS conf to listen on tcp connections instead
of only socket.

--
Helmer Teles

eM at il   : helmer [DOT] teles [AT] Google mail
Web Page: http://hteles.wordpress.com

Hello ML.

Just to update the subject.

It seems that there are problems with KDE 4.8.X and although I’ve managed to
circumvent most of the problems with DBUS by changing some of the policies.

X2GO with Kubuntu 11.10 and KDE 4.7.X doesn't have the Kwin problems.

For those interested in implementing a full Open Source Desktop with latest
KDE will have to struggle with this problem.

If by any means someone goes through the same problem I'm willing to help
resolve the issues although I'm back to 11.10 by this time.

I'm implementing a full KDE 4 Open Source Desktop Environment to work as DaaS
with complete KIOSK mode. KDE 4 Kiosk mode is still not perfect but it's
almost there. Still struggling with panel resize, and all of the JavaScript
plasma Updates fail on X2GO because of the display when using functions like
these:

p = panelById(panelIds[0]);
if (typeof p === "undefined") {
print("E: Couldn't find first panel");
exit();
}

//p.length = screenGeometry(0).width;
p.length = screenGeometry(p.screen).width;

Regards,

Helmer Teles
http://hteles.wordpress.com