[X2Go-User] Folder sharing does not work with x2goclient

Mike Gabriel mike.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de
Wed May 9 11:39:46 CEST 2012

Hi Stefan,

On Di 08 Mai 2012 14:27:15 CEST Stephan Diehl wrote:

> Hi,
>
> same here. I'm debugging the problem an the reason is, that the
> x2goclient did not update the local autorized_keys file.
>
> I have an old x2goclient installed on an old machine. When i start
> there a folder sharing, the client will add the servers key to the
> ".ssh/authorized_keys" file.
>
> On the new client (installed today) the ".ss/authorized_keys" file
> is empty. And the sshd logs shows that error (not allowed because
> not in authorized_keys).
>
> I thought this bug is inside x2goclient for linux.
>
> Anyone knows about this issue?

The key exchanges for id-pubkey and key-entry in known_hosts are
communicated on-the-fly for local folder sharing. The two keys get
stored on the server for a moment (in a temp location) and are deleted
immediately after sshfs mount is established. They should not appear
in any authorized_keys file on the server (not on the client!).

The client-side authorized_keys file is only for initial session login
of X2Go.

Greets,

mike gabriel, dorfstr. 27, 24245 barmissen
fon: +49 (4302) 281418, fax: +49 (4302) 281419

GnuPG Key ID 0xB588399B