[X2Go-User] x2goserver on vserver guest

Adèlphe Rafanambinana radelphe at gmail.com
Sat Mar 31 09:16:39 CEST 2012

Hi all,

It's not a problem with fuse module, it was a permission problem in
/home/<username>/.x2go/ folder.
Looks like x2go couldn't create cmdoutput file in that folder. I adjusted
permission and it the error was gone.

However, how can I link "Internet browser" to firefox program?
In my ubuntu, it goes automatically to Firefox, but it doesn't in Alpine
Linux.
Keep in mind that I didn't (and don't want) install any desktop on my
Alpine Linux. I've installed firefox there.

What I did, I wrote a sh script (on Alpine Linux) to export DISPLAY
variable to my windows desktop and start firefox:

#!/bin/sh
export DISPLAY=<IP_OF_WINDOWS_DESKTOP>:0
/usr/bin/firefox &

And in x2goclient I specify the path of that script.
That works, but it's not what I want to have.

I want to link "Internet browser" session to /usr/bin/firefox.
Does my question/explanation makes sense? Is that possible?

Thank you,

--
Adèlphe Rafanambinana