[X2Go-User] X2go rocks!

nigra truo nigratruo at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 03:44:25 CEST 2012

Hi,

I just wanted to say thank you for the great thing that X2Go has become. I
use it on a daily basis on several systems and could not think how I would
work anymore without it. It provides a functionality that I have looked for
so many years, but could never find. I always thought that a Linux server
would be perfect to be used as a terminal server, but was always amazed and
confused at the total lack of any application that provided this
functionality. Then, Windows RDP came along and I did not understand how
Linux with X and that network-ability of it failed to provide something
similar.
And finally, we got it! I hope that X2Go will find it's way into all Linux
Distros. I wish there was a CentOS and RedHat package so I could load it
onto each customers machine that I have to support, instead of having to
use sucky VNC or putty or be limited to using a remote shell, instead of
the rich GUI experience that KDE and Gnome can offer.

In spreading the word, I wrote a blog about my great experience and what
X2Go can do.

http://browny-amiga.livejournal.com/7167.html

Thanks again for all the hard work in making X2Go a reality, you guys rock!

Markus