[X2Go-User] Connection to local host

Mike Gabriel mike.gabriel at das-netzwerkteam.de
Sun Mar 18 13:13:29 CET 2012

Hi Timo,

On Fr 16 Mär 2012 23:26:19 CET Timo wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Wiki said that you can't make a connection into local host
> (x2goclient and server in the same machine). I tried it and it
> worked without a hitch. Is it that the Wiki comment have got old or
> am I going to face some weird issues?

Only a little time ago I discovered the same. X2Go Client can connect
to localhost flawlessly. This is a coincidence... It probably has been
introduced with the port detection change that lately entered the
x2goserver code.

I already have been thinking about using this for some sort of
setup... I use it a lot for testing when working offline (which is
rare, but sometimes happens).

Greets,

mike gabriel, dorfstr. 27, 24245 barmissen
fon: +49 (4302) 281418, fax: +49 (4302) 281419

GnuPG Key ID 0xB588399B