[X2Go-User] New X2Go user (missing privileges)

Timo tike64 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 15:44:42 CET 2012

Hi all,

FreeNX seems not to be anymore supported for newer systems (e.g.
Oneiric) so I was very glad that I found this X2Go. Thanks for good work!

I got it running after I learned what to put into the session type and
edited Wiki with my observation
(http://www.x2go.org/doku.php/wiki:components:x2goclient).

There is a couple of small hitches though: The first is a small one;
update, audio volume and network applets render a little badly (Mint 12
gnome classic fallback session).

The second is a little more critical; I don't have administration
privileges in remote session. For example in Applications->Systems
Tools->System Settings->User Accounts there is an Unlock button but it
is disabled. So I can't use that tool to manage user accounts remotely.
I don't know where to start to look at this problem.

--

Timo