[X2Go-User] X2go server "Wheezy stable branche" ?

Paul van der Vlis paul at vandervlis.nl
Wed Jul 4 12:59:29 CEST 2012

Op 04-07-12 11:30, Mike Gabriel schreef:

> Normally with X2Go, there are major releases (with a Codename). This has
> not been there for a long time. The only thing that is currently missing
> is the installer/xpi engine of x2goplugin.

I have never understand why we need a browser plugin.

What we could make is a way to start a client from a html-page, like a
link to a PDF file opens a PDF-reader with the PDF. Maybe we have to
register a mime-type for that or something like that.

> I consider it a good idea to be in sync with the wheezy release, so we
> may have that major version available in May 2013? (Wheezy will be
> around Feb 2013,

Do you think? I have not heard that date before.

> it will need some time to fully adapt X2Go to the state
> of the art after the wheezy release).

X2goserver is not in Wheezy, but we could make a version as was it in
Wheezy. We could freeze now or in a short time, and test it with Wheezy
like all other Debian packages are tested.

With regards,
Paul.

--
Paul van der Vlis Linux systeembeheer, Groningen
http://www.vandervlis.nl